Parents of Jenkins Jr/Sr High School students:
The Canvas Parent app is now open for use! To access and become an observer of your student in the Canvas environment, use the following steps and/or the instructional video to set it all up. You will need to have downloaded the Canvas Parent app and will need your student to open up their Canvas account.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Download the Canvas Parent App from the app store.
2. Once downloaded and open, click on "Find School" and enter "chewelahk12" into the search bar before hitting "Enter" or "Next."
3. Click on "Create Account"
4. Enter your name, email, and create a password. At the bottom, there should be a data field called "Student Pairing Code." To access this, you will need to go to your student's Canvas account.
5. Once in your student's Canvas account, click on "Account" and go then "Settings"
6. Once in settings, on the far right of the screen, you will see the button, "Pair with Observer." Click it.
7. A screen should pop up with a pairing code to enter into the app. Enter it correctly into the app, in the data field "Student Pairing Code." Once done, click "Start Participating"
8. If done correctly, you should see your student and his/her classes. If you need to additional students, click on the little down arrow next to your students name and click "Pair Additional Students."
If you have any questions, please reach out to the school or any one of your student's teachers.
How-To Video | Follow along step by step!