To register for the 2020-2021 academic year, please use the following directions:
- You will need your Skyward Access (must be student access)
- Choose "Schedule" from tabs on the left
- Choose Request Courses for 2020 – 2021 in Jenkins Junior/Senior High School
- On the left side of the screen there is a list of Available Courses for 2020-2021. These courses are specific to your grade level. You must pick your courses to meet your graduation requirements in the following areas:
- History- World History, Civics, CWA, Econ (class of 2021 register of CWA/Econ to earn Civics credit)
To pick any course use the Course Selection List of Available Courses:
The key to each course is listed in the column to the left of the course description for instance if you would like to request to be in Pottery you will go to Fine Arts section you will find the course code ART111 or ART112; on the bottom of the left-hand column there is a box with the word search next to it. Type in ART111 if you would like Pottery 1st semester or ART 112 if you would like Pottery 2nd semester and hit search Pottery will come up you will highlight the course by pointing your mouse just to the right of the name and you will click the button that says Add Course. When selecting a course, you must choose both A and B sections to request the course for the year. Some courses are only offered 1st semester (S1) and some only 2nd semester (S2).
Once you have a full day scheduled for both semesters (10 classes) you will select Request Alternates (tab at the top of the page). You will once again see two lists on the left Available Alternate Courses and Selected Alternate Courses. Your list of Selected Alternate will include a list or requested (R) courses and when you begin adding Alternate Courses numbers will appear you will need to add 3 alternate courses make sure they are not all in the same semester. You can change the number of the alternate course by selecting the arrow to the left of the course.
It is important to note that you cannot request a single course code multiple times this includes alternates. For example; you may want to take ADV Weights two periods in a row. Skyward will not allow you to request it twice so you will need to pick a different course. In addition, the same course code cannot be picked as an alternate. You could however pick the course one time in two different semesters.
Please review course descriptions on-line in the registration handbook. The handbook will also be available for pick- up if you do not have computer access.
1. Students will be placed in the following based on SBA, STARR scores, and teacher recommendations:
2. Please follow and use the Course Registration Handbook
3. Year-long courses must be entered S1 and S2
4. Semester courses may be entered S1 or S2
5. Please register for 10 courses and 3 alternates
- 5- S1 (Semester 1)
- 5- S2 (Semester 2)
6. Interested in an online course? Please Email Ms. Fisk (Sfisk@chewelahk12.us) with those requests.
2020-2021 Registration Documents